Lee focuses his complex litigation practice in the areas of business disputes, premises liability, medical malpractice, and commercial trucking and transportation. Currently, he serves on the firm’s management committee and is the managing partner of the Charlotte office.
With more than 30 years of litigation experience, Lee has in-depth knowledge of the litigation process from start to finish, and can counsel his clients on how to efficiently navigate the process, keeping risk mitigation and budgetary constraints clearly in mind. His combination of leadership skills and experience enables him to assemble the best teams to provide his clients with high quality work and excellent customer service.
Lee has tried more than 30 cases to a verdict during his career, successfully defended clients in binding arbitrations, and has argued dispositive motions and other matters in both federal and state courts. Additionally, Lee has represented clients on appellate matters before the North Carolina Court of Appeals, the North Carolina Supreme Court, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lee obtained his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Commercial Litigation from 2013 – 2016. Lee has been selected for inclusion by North Carolina Super Lawyers® each year from 2010 to 2017.
Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- Represented ED physician where client was accused of failure to diagnosis an infection leading to necrotizing fascitis/sepsis. The jury returned a verdict of no negligence.
- Represented an auto dealership in a malicious prosecution suit including a trial of two weeks. The jury returned a verdict of no negligence.
- Represented a municipal entity regarding a wrongful termination claim which was tried in Federal Court, NC Middle District. The jury found for our client.
- Represented a commercial client in a trucking matter tried in western NC. The jury returned a verdict for significantly less than the final offer before trial.
- Represented, as co-counsel, a nursing home in Mecklenburg County in which Plaintiff alleged negligent care resulted in Stage IV decubitus ulcers and sepsis. The jury returned a verdict of no negligence.
- Represented a company in a premise liability/negligent security case and two week trial, resulting in a defense verdict, where plaintiff alleged that jewelry valued in excess of 1.2 million dollars was stolen.
- Represented a large trucking company in a two-week jury trial in Lincoln County in which a defense verdict was obtained based on “sudden emergency.”
- Represented, as co-counsel, a professional sports team and obtained a stay of proceedings in state court against the team on a personal injury action filed by a former player. Case was dismissed in arbitration. Presented oral arguments to NC Court of Appeals in support of stay and dismissal. Trial court’s decisions were affirmed.
- Represented an LLC in a six- to seven-week trial brought by seven landowners who lived in the immediate vicinity of the client’s operation. Plaintiffs sought damages in the neighborhood of $1 million dollars and the court’s final award was $75,000.
- Represented, as co-counsel, an OB/GYN group in a malpractice claim in which our firm was able to convince the plaintiffs’ attorney to take a dismissal of the action based on the testimony of our physicians and the child’s treating physicians.
- Represented a general contractor in a three-day binding arbitration regarding water intrusion into a commercial building, as co-counsel, on a counterclaim for damages in the amount of roughly $250,000. The arbitrator ruled in favor of the client/construction company.
- Successfully represented an insurance carrier in a UIM/wrongful death arbitration before a three-person panel of arbitrators.
- Represented, as co-counsel, a southeastern US law firm in federal court and obtained a dismissal of malpractice action seeking class action status and damages in excess of 5 million dollars.
Most Recent Posts
Today Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (CSH Law) proudly announced that 17 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers and 2017 North Carolina Rising Stars lists.… Read More
Twenty-six attorneys from Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (CSH Law) were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC).… Read More
Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (CSH) is proud to announce that 16 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2016 North Carolina Super Lawyers and 2016 North Carolina Rising Stars lists.… Read More
Nick Valaoras and Lee Poole, attorneys in the Charlotte office of Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP, will be featured speakers at the 2015 Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM) Western North Carolina Chapter Educational and Networking Event. The event is scheduled for today at the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge in Charlotte. Nick and Lee will be speaking on defense and settlement strategies for workers’ compensation and civil liability cases involving chronic pain management issues.… Read More
Twenty-eight attorneys from Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (CSH Law) were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016.… Read More
CSH Law announced that 20 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2015 North Carolina Super Lawyers and North Carolina Rising Stars lists.… Read More
Poole successfully from a third party contractor after settling a premises liability case on behalf of a large local hospital system. … Read More
CSH Law is proud to announced that nine of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition.… Read More
Twenty-four attorneys from Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.… Read More
CSH Law announced that 21 of its attorneys are selected for inclusion in the 2014 North Carolina Super Lawyers and 2014 North Carolina Rising Stars lists.… Read More
CSH Law is proud to announce that 25 of its attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©.… Read More
Ten CSH Law attorneys were selected as 2013 North Carolina Super Lawyers and 14 CSH Law attorneys were selected as 2013 North Carolina Rising Stars.… Read More
Twenty-three lawyers from CSH Law were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013… Read More
BOB SUMNER (Raleigh), LEE POOLE (Charlotte), and JAYE BINGHAM (Raleigh) obtained a defense verdict of no negligence in favor of an international antiques and collectibles show… Read More
Poole received a defense verdict on behalf a local nursing home. … Read More
Lee Poole received a defense verdict on behalf of a North Carolina internist facing a claim of negligent treatment. … Read More