If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Jason E. Toups has handled matters in the Workers’ Compensation Practice Group in the Wilmington office of Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog since joining the firm in early 2007. Jason represents clients at all stages of litigation before the North Carolina Industrial Commission including subrogation and other related civil litigation.
Jason’s representative clients include businesses of all kinds and all sizes (small to worldwide), municipalities across North Carolina, insurance carriers and third party administrators.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- “The Ethical Pitfalls Inherent in the Tripartite Relationship between Insured, Insurer and Defense Attorney,” 2012 CSH Ethics Video
- “Workplace Injuries – Managing the Claim (and the Employee) from Beginning to End,” September 2012 North Carolina Society for Human Resource Management (NCSHRM) State Conference
- “Triple Threat – The ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation from Beginning to End,” September 2012 North Carolina Public Risk Management Association (NCPRIMA) Conference
- “Changes in Apportionment and Joint and Several Liability in Workers’ Compensation – Newcomb v. Greensboro Pipe Co.,” November 2009 CSH Seminar
- “Clocking in on Return to Work Issues with Injured Employees,” July 2009 CSH e-Alert
- Jason has both led and assisted in conducting multiple presentations for continuing education to numerous clients on various aspects of workers’ compensation and related law.
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- Lower Cape Fear HR Association, Legislative Chair: 2012
- NCADA, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section), Member
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member
- Jason has served as a volunteer juror for high school mock trial competitions and has participated in “Ask a Lawyer Day,” presented by the Young Lawyers Division of the NCBA
- Selected by Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star: 2012
- Selected by Business North Carolina Magazine as Legal Elite – Young Guns category: 2010 – 2011
- Awarded a certificate for accomplishment in advanced writing, research, and drafting from Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law.