HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Raleigh Office)
To apply please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Employment Status: Full time – 40 hours per week
Summary: Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director on all personnel matters, including talent acquisition, staffing, new hire orientation, employment processing, health and welfare benefits, records management, employee relations and retention and EEO compliance. The Generalist is also responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing.
Supervisory Status: No
Last Evaluated: June, 2018
- 4 year degree in Human Resources, or
- At least 10 years’ experience working in Human Resources
- HR certification preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- Knowledge of NetDocuments (DOCs Management), and Elite helpful
- Advanced computer skills a plus!
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated consulting and diagnostic skills, able to engage active listening skills and provide sound and relevant diagnosis and advice
- Strong conflict management skills, able to effectively resolve conflict with a positive outcome
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to engage dialogue and communication to reach resolutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Intermediate knowledge of employment law and compliance subject matter
- Develop strong trusting relationships with employees and managers/attorneys in multiple locations order to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Self-directed and motivated
- Proactive – takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Prior law firm experience a plus
- Regular attendance 5 days per week – consistently on time
- Dependability and reliability
- Accuracy of work product
- Requires long periods of sitting at a keyboard drafting/editing various documents, spreadsheets and/or correspondence, or doing other data entry.
- Some light to moderate lifting of files will be required, along with some bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Regularly runs bi-weekly payroll and other employee data reports for HR Director, Executive Director, and other directors/managers of the firm
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Performs initial interviews, by telephone or in person, for potential new hires, and coordinates and schedules interviews with hiring manager/attorney
- Conducts reference checks, job offers, and coordinates on-boarding process
- Performs or assists with new employee orientations
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 records
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees, assists with benefit changes and enters updates on benefit websites
- Provides employee relations and policy coaching, counseling and communication for employees and management within the firm
- Assists supervisors/attorneys with initial review and tailoring of formal counseling, memoranda for record, performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions
- Maintain employee relations documentation and ensures follow-up review and tracking of employee’s progress against documented goals/objectives
- Assists HR Director with preparation of performance review forms, gathering staff and manager/attorney feedback, and conducting annual performance reviews
- Completes verification of employment requests
- Performs or assists with processing of terminations/exit interviews
- Performs or assists with completion of EEO-1 and other annual reporting
- Performs or assists with completion of various salary and compensation surveys
- Performs approval of time off requests and tracks balances for employees
- Monitors staff absences and coordinates work flow as needed
- Plans and assists with execution of special employee events
- Updates and maintains 401k enrollment/change information
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects
- Schedules meetings as requested by HR Director, including reservation of necessary conference room and/or equipment
- Assists with or prepares correspondence
- Performs other duties as assigned by HR Director or Chief Operating Officer