PARALEGAL/CASE MANAGER – LAND CONDEMNATION
To Apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com
The Case Manager for the Land Condemnation Group shall assist the Land Condemnation attorneys by performing a variety of tasks, including acting as the primary contact for prospective new clients, setting up new case files and preparing all necessary documents pertinent to the case, docketing deadlines, and communicating with clients, opposing counsel, court personnel and others to obtain information and/or documents needed to keep the case moving forward. Other responsibilities include trial prep, scheduling, review of attorney mail, preparation of related documents and/or correspondence, calendaring, and managing and meeting deadlines.
4 year degree, or paralegal certificate from an accredited paralegal program, or 10 years working as a paralegal.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Suite
Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
Knowledge of DM5 (DOCS Management) and Elite 3E helpful
Ability to provide support for two or more attorneys
Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
Ability to manage/meet deadlines
Must be flexible/detail oriented
Excellent client service or interpersonal skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
Ability to maintain confidential information
Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
Excellent time management skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Keen observation skills
Regular attendance 5 days per week – consistently on time (unless pre-approved or modified schedule)
Accuracy of work product
Ability to meet deadlines and produce rush projects as needed.
This position can require sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions such as keyboarding and use of a computer mouse.
Some bending, reaching and lifting of files generally five pounds or less are also required.
The Paralegal/Land Condemnation Case Manager position may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare conflict check upon receipt of new cases and set up case files upon firm’s acceptance;
- Docket deadlines, reporting requirements and events in docketing software;
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, motions, notices, calendar requests, subpoenas, with related copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Draft discovery requests and responses;
- Draft affidavits;
- Draft case status reports;
- Confer with clients regarding case status, etc.;
- Locate, contact and interview parties, witnesses and experts;
- Summarize discovery responses from other parties;
- Draft Settlement Agreements and Releases;
- Prepare and update indices of pleadings, discovery, and other file materials;
- Organize and maintain case file, including discovery and trial notebooks;
- Communicate with vendors regarding copying, preparation of exhibits, imaging, etc.;
- Perform online research as may be necessary;
- Assist with preparations for hearings/mediations/trials;
- Schedule mediations and depositions;
- Communicate with opposing counsel, co-counsel, clients, expert witnesses, DOT/court personnel, and others to facilitate progress of cases;
- General file maintenance; keep filing current;
- Review of incoming and outgoing attorney mail;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by Management or supervising attorneys.