Receptionist Position – Raleigh Office
To Apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work:
16 hours/week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30-5:30 with 1 hour for lunch
The receptionist enhances the office’s effectiveness by providing information and administrative support as well as representation of the attorneys and firm to clients and others.
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; i.e., Word, Outlook, etc.
Min. typing speed of 50 wpm
Knowledge of DM5 (DOCs Management), and Elite helpful
Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
Ability to manage/meet deadlines
Must be flexible and detail oriented
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
Ability to maintain confidential information
Use of good judgment and tact in difficult situations
Ability to work independently, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
Excellent time management skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Keen observation skills
Professional personal presentation
Prior law firm experience a plus
Regular attendance- consistently on time
Accuracy of work product
Ability to meet deadlines and produce rush projects as assigned
The receptionist position requires long periods of sitting at a keyboard transcribing dictation or doing other data entry. Some light to moderate lifting of files may be required, along with some possible bending, stooping and reaching.
This position also requires use of switchboard and related equipment for making and receiving calls.
- Manage telephone, screen and direct calls to appropriate parties;
- Greet and direct all clients and visitors;
- Provide information to callers, such as firm address, directions to firm location, firm fax numbers, firm website and other related information;
- Maintain multiple conference room calendars, including but not limited to obtaining all necessary information regarding room set up, number of people, times, coordinating refreshments/lunch for meeting;
- Manage the appearance of the reception area, keeping it neat and clean;
- Manage Absence Notification emails and phone calls as needed;
- Assist with overflow work, including word processing, data entry and Internet research tasks;
- Stuffing envelopes with client bills to prepare for mailing;
- Receive and direct mail and delivery of express mail service to proper parties;
- Any other related tasks that may be assigned by Management or Supervising Attorneys.