SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Charlotte Office)
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com.
Office Services Manager and/or Office Administrator or Designee
Part time – up to 29 hours per week
The service technician enhances attorney and staff effectiveness by providing administrative support and excellent customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Reliable access and use of dependable transportation
- Must have valid NC driver’s license, clean driving record
- Proof of insurance will be required
- Regular attendance – consistently on time (unless pre-approved or modified schedule)
- Accuracy of work product
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce rush projects as assigned
The service tech position requires long periods of standing, walking and climbing stairs. Some moderate to heavy lifting of files and office supplies will be required, along with some bending, stooping, lifting and reaching.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of DM5 (DOCSs Management), and Elite helpful
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage/meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
The Service Technician position may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Pick up and drop off mail to/from US Post Office;
- Process and distribute mail;
- Make deliveries on behalf of the firm, to include filings at the County Courthouse, Industrial Commission, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court, other law firms and out of town deliveries. This may also include document delivery/set up/break down during trials or other off-site meetings or firm events;
- Assist with trial prep, as may be assigned;
- Receipt, logging and delivery of internal faxes;
- Assist with daily document/notebook production, as instructed by attorneys or other support staff;
- Photocopying/printing from e-mails, CD’s;
- Scanning and burning CD’s;
- Duplication of Videotapes, DVD’s and CD’s;
- Maintenance of Kitchens, Conference Rooms and Library;
- Daily maintenance of copiers/printers/fax machines, to include restocking paper, changing toner cartridges, etc.;
- Restocking and/or inventory of supplies;
- Filing for attorneys and staff;
- Assist with closing of files;
- Provide assistance on reception desk, as needed;
- VTC set up, as needed;
- Office furniture moving and set up, as needed;
- Empty office recycle bins;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
**Some duties may be specific to one CSH location, and will be covered during new employee orientation.