If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Jonathan C. Anders has handled workers’ compensation matters for employers and workers’ compensation carriers at Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog since 1996. He has handled matters at all levels of workers’ compensation litigation including mediated settlement conferences, hearings at the Deputy Commissioner and Full Commission levels, and appeals to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
Jonathan has experience handling claims in many areas of workers’ compensation including claims involving traumatic injuries by accident, occupational diseases, chemical exposure, psychological issues, death claims, and permanent/total type scenarios.
Jonathan’s clients include manufacturers, trucking companies, builders, municipalities, fire departments, emergency medical services, hospitals and medical providers, and their workers’ compensation carriers. He has obtained favorable results for defendants at mediated settlement conferences and in litigation before the Industrial Commission.
Jonathan has been married to wife Robin since 1997, and together they have two children, Rose Mary and Jack.
Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- Obtained a favorable decision from the N.C. Court of Appeals in Hastings v. Eastern Carolina Pathology.
- Represented defendants before the N.C. Supreme Court in Atkins v. Kelly Springfield.
- Obtained a favorable decision from the N.C. Supreme Court reversing the N.C. Court of Appeals in Frost v. Salter Path Fire & Rescue.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- Prepared and presented the “Workers’ Compensation Case Law Update” from 2002 – 2009 at CSH Educational Seminars.
- Jonathan is a frequent speaker at seminars before workers’ compensation carriers, employers, and rehabilitation professionals on various topics including case law updates, Industrial Commission forms, return to work issues, causation issues, competency of medical testimony issues, and medicare.
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section), Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- Follow the Child Montessori School, Board of Directors
- Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist