If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Joseph B. Adams is a member of Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog’s Professional Liability Practice Group in Raleigh and has represented health care providers in medical malpractice litigation since 2010. Representative clients include hospitals, long-term care and assisted living facilities, and individual health care providers.
Before joining Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog in 2012, Joseph practiced professional liability defense at a small firm in Raleigh, where he served as second chair counsel in two trials, including a five-week nursing home trial which resulted in a complete defense verdict.
A native of Angier, North Carolina, Joseph is a graduate of the Wake Forest University School of Law, where he served as a member of the law school Trial Bar and received academic trial practice awards. Joseph obtained his undergraduate degree from Davidson College, where he concentrated his studies in political philosophy and led numerous student organizations.
Outside of his practice, Joseph enjoys French cooking, classical and Romantic piano, photography, North Carolina history, and reading.
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- Defense Research Institute
- Medical Liability and Health Care Law Committee, Member
- Electronic Discovery Committee, Member
- Young Lawyers Committee, Member
- Federal Legislative Reporter: 2013
North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice Group
- Government Liability Group
- Wake County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Professionalism Committee, Member
- Hospice of Wake County Foundation, Committee Member: 2013
- American Mock Trial Association, Volunteer
- Habitat Wake, Volunteer
- Selected by North Carolina Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star: 2013