If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Lawrence M. Baker (Larry) has been practicing insurance defense litigation in Charlotte, NC since 1990, joining the firm in 2002. Larry handles both workers’ compensation and civil litigation matters at both trial and appellate levels.
By handling cases in both areas, Larry has gained valuable experience by trying dozens of cases to juries, arguing numerous times in both the North Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals and participating in hundreds of mediations, both of civil matters and workers’ compensation matters.
Larry has successfully defended employers in injury by accident, asbestosis, death benefit claims and return to work issues in workers’ compensation matters, including successfully arguing in the Court of Appeals; defended numerous automobile dealerships in various matters including products liability and accident cases, including mediation, trial and appellate work; and defended individual and corporate entities in civil matters, including premises and products liability and negligence actions.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- “Burning Questions: What Every Adjuster Wants to Ask, and Often Does,” Fall CSH Educational Seminar: 2008.
- Larry has spoken at numerous seminars, including a discussion of ethical practice before the Industrial Commission for the North Carolina Bar Association – several topics of workers’ compensation practice for the National Business Institute, “Keys to Effective Expert Witness Examination in North Carolina,” and presentations for CSH seminars.
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation and Litigation sections), Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- Quail Hollow Presbyterian Church, Elder and Corporate Officer
- Maintains an AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell