If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Michael C. Allen (Mike) is a partner in the Raleigh office of Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog. Since joining the firm, Mike has concentrated his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense, products liability defense, and healthcare professional licensing practice groups.
Mike has represented clients in various federal courts, North Carolina and South Carolina state courts, as well as before numerous professional licensing review boards.
Representative clients include physicians, hospitals, nurses, pharmacists, chiropractors, nursing homes, paramedics, as well as pharmaceutical distributors.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- Author of “Medicine Goes Madison Avenue: Effect of Direct to Consumer Advertising on the Learned Intermediary Doctrine”, Specialty Law Digest-Health Care Law: 1999
- Keynote Speaker: Clinical and Legal Implications of ACCP Chest Guidelines on Anticoagulant Use Medical Symposium, Pinehurst, NC
- Featured Speaker Rex Classic 2001 Medical Education Symposium: Medical and Legal Implications of Thromboembolic Disease
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- American Society of Pharmacy Law, Member
- Campbell Law Review, Articles Editor
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants: 2013
- New York Bar Association National Moot Court Competition Top Oral Advocate: Fourth Circuit
- ATLA National Trial Competition National Finalist
- Johnson & Johnson Pharmacy Administration Award
- New York Bar Association Lewis Powell Award
- Maintains an AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell
For more information about Best Lawyers honors and methodology, please visit www.bestlawyers.com.