Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (CSH Law) one of the largest law firms in North Carolina with more than 100 attorneys serving clients across the state, announced today that 25 of its attorneys were recognized in the January 2012 issue of Super Lawyers magazine. The firm placed 14 attorneys on the North Carolina Super Lawyer 2012 list, and 11 other attorneys were named among the 2012 North Carolina Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers is a rating service that recognizes the achievements of lawyers in more than 70 practice areas through independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The selection process included statewide peer nomination for professional achievement. These attorneys were selected from more than 17,000 lawyers across the state.
“We are honored to have 25 of our very own attorneys selected as a Super Lawyer or a Rising Star this year – the most we’ve ever had recognized from our firm,” said Dan Hartzog, managing partner of CSH. “The fact that a quarter of our attorneys have been recognized by their peers as being among the best in their respective fields is a testament to our collective experience and our commitment to excellence.”
The 14 CSH attorneys selected among 2012 North Carolina Super Lawyers include:
- George B. Autry, Jr. – General Litigation (Raleigh)
- Richard T. Boyette – Alternative Dispute Resolution (Raleigh)
- Susan K. Burkhart – Insurance Coverage (Raleigh)
- Michelle D. Connell – Family Law (Raleigh)
- Buxton S. “Buck” Copeland – Workers’ Compensation (Raleigh)
- Paul H. Derrick – Employment Litigation: Defense (Raleigh)
- Patrick H. Flanagan – Employment & Labor (Charlotte)
- Dan M. Hartzog – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
- John D. Martin – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (Wilmington)
- C.D. Taylor Pace – Workers’ Compensation (Raleigh)
- Samuel H. “Lee” Poole, Jr. – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (Charlotte)
- Donna R. Rascoe – Employment & Labor (Raleigh)
- Robert W. Sumner – Personal Injury Defense: General (Raleigh)
- David D. Ward – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (Raleigh)
The 11 CSH attorneys selected among 2012 North Carolina Rising Stars include:
- Dexter M. “Chip” Campbell, III – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
- Stephanie A. Gaston – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
- Dan M. Hartzog, Jr. – Employment & Labor (Raleigh)
- Melody J. Jolly – Professional Liability: Defense (Wilmington)
- Meghan N. Knight – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
- Pankaj K. Shere – Intellectual Property Litigation (Raleigh)
- George L. Simpson, IV – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
- Erin F. Taylor – Workers’ Compensation (Charlotte)
- Jason E. Toups – Workers’ Compensation (Wilmington)
- Regan Summerlin Toups – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice (Wilmington)
- Jennifer A. Welch – Civil Litigation Defense (Raleigh)
The Super Lawyer distinctions build upon CSH’s dedication to excellence. Several firm members are peer-rated by Martindale-Hubbell and have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®.
*For more information about Super Lawyer honors and methodology, please visit www.superlawyers.com.