Attorneys in the Nursing Home Litigation Practice Group defend the interests of North Carolina healthcare facilities.
We counsel clients throughout the litigation process, from the initial investigation all the way through trial and arbitration. We’ll work with you to bring claims to effective and quick resolution when possible, but will aggressively defend your interests at trial when necessary.
Our attorneys regularly counsel and defend clients facing:
- Wrongful death and personal injury claims
- Claims of alleged mistreatment or abuse
- Premises liability and negligent security issues
- Privacy issues, including access to patient records and data security issues
- Workforce management issues, including hiring practices, classification of employees, and managing workers’ compensation claims
- Regulatory compliance
Our attorneys also consult with healthcare facilities in pre-suit counseling, training for employees, and updating internal policies and procedures to comply with the multitude of regulations their industry faces.
The group is led by chair Katherine Hilkey-Boyatt, who’ve represented a variety of long-term care facilities in North Carolina, including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and group homes.
Contact an attorney about nursing home litigation