If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Regan Toups is a partner in the Wilmington office. For the last fifteen years, Regan has tirelessly represented hospitals, physicians and nurses in complex medical malpractice law suits as well as before their respective licensing boards. Regan also has extensive experience representing professionals and businesses of all sizes in contract claims, design claims, construction claims, environmental claims and personal injury matters. Regan has successfully tried medical malpractice cases involving injury and death throughout North Carolina.
Regan also has substantial experience representing community associations, their board members and their individual members in disputes involving restrictive covenants, assessments, property title, common area usage, and maintenance expense allocation. Regan is a “go to” resource for the Firm and its clients in this area of the law and serves as the Chair of the CSH Law Community Association Law Practice Group.
Regan is recognized by her peers as top in her field and has been voted a Rising Star among North Carolina Super Lawyers for four years in a row, starting in 2010. Regan’s work extends well beyond the courtroom and the office. She is a mother of two, is active with her children’s PTA, and she supports several local community causes that assist children and families facing difficult circumstances.
Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- Recently obtained defense verdict in medical malpractice case following three week jury trial.
- As co-counsel, received a favorable ruling from the North Carolina Court of Appeals on behalf of a county mental health agency based on an immunity defense.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a restaurant franchisee and franchisor in a products liability matter where Plaintiff claimed he aspirated part of a takeaway eating utensil inside a food product purchased at the restaurant.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a community association involving a dispute over a special assessment.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a condominium association involving a by-law amendment that was contested by several condominium owners.
- As co-counsel, obtained a directed verdict in a medical malpractice action on behalf of a hospital.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- The Adjusters Certified Flood Course, May 2003
- The Adjusters Certified Flood Course, April 2008
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section Council Member
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Chairman – Young Lawyers Executive Committee: 2006-2007
- Selected by North Carolina Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star: 2010 – 2013
For more information about Super Lawyer honors and methodology, please visit www.superlawyers.com.