If you are not a current client then we will not establish an attorney/client relationship with you via e-mail. If you want to establish a professional relationship with CSH, please do so via telephone so that we can determine if we can represent you before we receive any confidential information.
Regan Summerlin Toups is a partner in the Wilmington office of Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP. Regan has more than a decade of experience defending hospitals, physicians, nursing homes and other health care providers both in court and before governmental agencies. During her career, she has also aggressively represented municipal agencies and businesses of all sizes in a wide variety of claims including contract claims, design claims, construction claims, environmental claims, and personal injury matters. In addition, Regan devotes a substantial part of her practice to representing community associations, their board members and their individual members in disputes involving restrictive covenants, assessments, property title, common area usage, and maintenance expense allocation.
Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- Recently obtained defense verdict in medical malpractice case following three week jury trial.
- As co-counsel, received a favorable ruling from the North Carolina Court of Appeals on behalf of a county mental health agency based on an immunity defense.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a restaurant franchisee and franchisor in a products liability matter where Plaintiff claimed he aspirated part of a takeaway eating utensil inside a food product purchased at the restaurant.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a community association involving a dispute over a special assessment.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a condominium association involving a by-law amendment that was contested by several condominium owners.
- As co-counsel, obtained a directed verdict in a medical malpractice action on behalf of a hospital.
Articles, Presentations, and Publications
- The Adjusters Certified Flood Course, May 2003
- The Adjusters Certified Flood Course, April 2008
Professional, Civic and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section Council Member
- New Hanover County Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Chairman – Young Lawyers Executive Committee: 2006-2007
- Selected by North Carolina Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star: 2010 – 2013
For more information about Super Lawyer honors and methodology, please visit www.superlawyers.com.