Strengthening the community
As a law firm with multiple locations across the state, we have a tremendous opportunity to support and strengthen the state we call home. We use our resources to support justice, empower local businesses and individuals, and serve as a catalyst for innovation within our local community:
- In 2020, 25 attorneys trained and volunteered with Legal Aid NC to help prevent evictions due to COVID-19.
- Our attorneys, paralegals and staff support Friends of the Wake County GAL Holiday Project in Raleigh.
- Cranfill Sumner attorneys regularly volunteer for the North Carolina Bar Association’s 4ALL Statewide Service Day, providing free legal information and referral resources to the public.
- Several attorneys, including Benton Toups and Janelle Lyons, support their communities by serving as town attorneys for North Carolina municipalities.
- Our attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff regularly serve on boards of nonprofit organizations, including Transitions Life Care / Hospice of Wake County, Community Building Initiative in Charlotte, Triangle Literacy Council, and the Carousel Center.
Most Recent Posts
Attorneys and staff members of Cranfill Sumner LLP volunteered to perform bar candidate interviews for the NC Board of Law Examiners prior to the July 2022 bar exam.… Read More
Austin Sistrunk has been elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Coastal Women Attorneys (CWA), the local chapter of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys. Austin will serve as the Chair of the chapter’s Communications Committee.… Read More
Ashley Coghill was recently inducted into the 2021 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, as announced by the North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center.… Read More
Chris Reinhard, Of Counsel with Cranfill Sumner LLP, has been elected to serve as the Vice President of the North Carolina World Trade Association. Chris’s term began April 2022.… Read More
Vince Eisinger has been selected to serve on the leadership Board for the Brigham Young University Alumni Triangle Chapter. … Read More