Strengthening the community
As a law firm with multiple locations across the state, we have a tremendous opportunity to support and strengthen the state we call home. We use our resources to support justice, empower local businesses and individuals, and serve as a catalyst for innovation within our local community:
- In 2020, 25 attorneys trained and volunteered with Legal Aid NC to help prevent evictions due to COVID-19.
- Our attorneys, paralegals and staff support Friends of the Wake County GAL Holiday Project in Raleigh.
- Cranfill Sumner attorneys regularly volunteer for the North Carolina Bar Association’s 4ALL Statewide Service Day, providing free legal information and referral resources to the public.
- Several attorneys, including Benton Toups and Janelle Lyons, support their communities by serving as town attorneys for North Carolina municipalities.
- Our attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff regularly serve on boards of nonprofit organizations, including Transitions Life Care / Hospice of Wake County, Community Building Initiative in Charlotte, Triangle Literacy Council, and the Carousel Center.
Most Recent Posts
Colleen Shea has been elected to the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Chapter of the American Society for Health Care Risk Management (NC ASHRM). She will serve as a Member-At-Large and as chairperson of the chapter’s Public Relations & Marketing Committee for 2023-2024.… Read More
Jason R. Harris has been named the Vice Chair of the Marine Torts and Casualties Committee for the Maritime Law Association of the United States (MLA).… Read More
Marshall Wall has been reappointed to the Campbell Law Board of Visitors, a position he’s held since 2016. His new term begins Sept. 1, 2022 and continues through Aug. 31, 2024.… Read More
Attorneys and staff members of Cranfill Sumner LLP volunteered to perform bar candidate interviews for the NC Board of Law Examiners prior to the July 2022 bar exam.… Read More
Austin Sistrunk has been elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Coastal Women Attorneys (CWA), the local chapter of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys. Austin will serve as the Chair of the chapter’s Communications Committee.… Read More