The Accounting Specialist assists the Finance Director in carrying out all accounting functions for the firm, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, cash and trust deposits, and other general accounting duties.
Associates degree in accounting or finance with 5 years hands on experience
The Accounting Specialist position may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Accounts Payable – process administrative costs, job costed items and expense reimbursements
- paid both internally and externally, handle vendor maintenance/calls/follow up;
- Accounts Receivable – process and record check, credit card and electronic deposits and make/document collections efforts;
- Cost entry – enter and balance transactions for various cost types;
- Matter billing/cost inquiries from attorneys and staff;
- Petty Cash reconciliation;
- Refunds /Returns to clients;
- Trust Deposits/Disbursements;
- Unclaimed property reconciliation and processing;
- General Ledger posting;
- Month end balancing and close;
- Other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.