Cranfill Sumner LLP is currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to assist our workers’ compensation department.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Min. typing speed of 70 wpm
- Knowledge of NetDocuments (Document Management Software), and Elite helpful
- Ability to provide administrative support for multiple attorneys
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage/meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
The Legal Administrative Assistant position may require some or all of the following duties:
- Set up new files; including preparing conflict worksheet upon receipt of new case, typing labels and separating file contents into sub-files;
- Possible preparation of non-billable medical record indexes and/or chronologies per attorney preference;
- General file maintenance and management, with focus on creating systems to help identify location of documents and what documents have been received and/or produced;
- Filing of general correspondence, e-mails and/or other legal documents;
- Preparation and editing of general correspondence, pleadings and/or discovery documents from attorney dictation, with same day turnaround time desirable; otherwise, next day turnaround time;
- Drafting form or enclosure letters to court personnel, opposing counsel, employer, etc.
- Related copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Preparation of documents for filing with Industrial Commission or Courthouse; sending filed copies to proper parties;
- Field and handle phone calls that may come in for attorney in his absence;
- Review and processing of incoming and outgoing attorney mail; scanning and saving to Net Docs;
- Possible scheduling of mediations, depositions, etc., and calendaring of same; (Litigation)
- Preparation of materials for meetings, hearings, depositions and discovery production;
- Submit all invoices to accounting/billing
- Request checks for any filing fees or other court expenses.
- Schedule depositions, mediations, initial meetings with clients.
- Order court reporters and reserve conference rooms for any depositions and mediations being held at our office
- Preparing closed files for offsite storage; and coordinate with the finance department to close in our system and final bill.
- Any other related tasks that may be assigned by Management or Supervising Attorneys.
Qualified candidates interested in this position at the Charlotte office (2907 Providence Rd, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28211) can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.