Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP is currently looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to assist our litigation Department.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Min. typing speed of 70 wpm
- Knowledge of NetDocuments (Document Management Software), and Elite helpful
- Ability to provide administrative support for multiple attorneys
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage/meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
The Legal Administrative Assistant position may require some or all of the following duties:
- Set up new files; including preparing conflict worksheet upon receipt of new case, typing labels and separating file contents into sub-files;
- Possible preparation of non-billable medical record indexes and/or chronologies per attorney preference;
- General file maintenance and management, with focus on creating systems to help identify location of documents and what documents have been received and/or produced;
- Filing of general correspondence, e-mails and/or other legal documents;
- Preparation and editing of general correspondence, pleadings and/or discovery documents from attorney dictation, with same day turnaround time desirable; otherwise, next day turnaround time;
- Drafting form or enclosure letters to court personnel, opposing counsel, employer, etc.
- Related copying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Preparation of documents for filing with Industrial Commission or Courthouse; sending filed copies to proper parties;
- Field and handle phone calls that may come in for attorney in his absence;
- Review and processing of incoming and outgoing attorney mail; scanning and saving to Net Docs;
- Possible scheduling of mediations, depositions, etc., and calendaring of same; (Litigation)
- Preparation of materials for meetings, hearings, depositions and discovery production;
- Submit all invoices to accounting/billing
- Request checks for any filing fees or other court expenses.
- Schedule depositions, mediations, initial meetings with clients.
- Order court reporters and reserve conference rooms for any depositions and mediations being held at our office
- Preparing closed files for offsite storage; and coordinate with the finance department to close in our system and final bill.
- Any other related tasks that may be assigned by Management or Supervising Attorneys.
Qualified candidates interested in this position at the Raleigh office (5420 Wade Park Boulevard, #300 Raleigh, NC 27607) can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org