OFFICE SERVICES ASSISTANT (Charlotte Office)
To apply, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: Office Services Manager and/or Office Administrator or Designee
Employment Status: Part time – up to 29 hours per week
Summary: The office services assistant enhances attorney and staff effectiveness by providing administrative support and excellent customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Reliable access and use of dependable transportation
- Must have valid NC driver’s license, clean driving record
- Proof of insurance will be required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of NetDocs (DOCSs Management), Rainmaker and/or Elite helpful
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage/meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
- Regular attendance – consistently on time (unless pre-approved or modified schedule)
- Accuracy of work product
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce rush projects as assigned
- Requires long periods of standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Some moderate to heavy lifting of files and office supplies, along with some bending, stooping, lifting, and reaching
- The Office Services Assistant position may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Pick up and drop off mail to/from US Post Office
- Process and distribute mail
- Make deliveries on behalf of the firm, to include filings at the County Courthouse, Industrial Commission, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court, other law firms, and out of town deliveries
- Document delivery/set up/break down during trials or other off-site meetings or firm events
- Assist with trial prep, as may be assigned
- Receipt, logging and delivery of internal faxes
- Assist with daily document/notebook production, as instructed by attorneys or other support staff
- Photocopying/printing from e-mails, CD’s
- Scanning and burning CD’s
- Duplication of Videotapes, DVD’s, and CD’s
- Maintenance of Kitchens, Conference Rooms, and Library
- Daily maintenance of copiers/printers/fax machines, to include restocking paper, changing toner cartridges, etc.
- Restocking and/or inventory of supplies
- Filing for attorneys and staff
- Assist with closing of files
- Provide assistance on reception desk, as needed
- VTC set up, as needed
- Office furniture moving and set up, as needed
- Empty office recycle bins
- Other duties as may be assigned
**Some duties may be specific to one CSH Law location and will be covered during new employee orientation.