OFFICE SERVICES ASSISTANT (Raleigh Office)
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com.
Reports To: Office Services Manager and/or Office Administrator or Designee
Employment Status: Part time – up to 29 hours per week
Summary: The office services assistant enhances attorney and staff effectiveness by providing administrative support and excellent customer service.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Reliable access and use of dependable transportation
- Must have valid NC driver’s license, clean driving record
- Proof of insurance will be required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of NetDocs (DOCSs Management), Rainmaker and/or Elite helpful
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage/meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills and computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, using initiative in all aspects of assignments
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Keen observation skills
- Regular attendance – consistently on time (unless pre-approved or modified schedule)
- Accuracy of work product
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce rush projects as assigned
- Requires long periods of standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Some moderate to heavy lifting of files and office supplies, along with some bending, stooping, lifting, and reaching
The Office Services Assistant position may involve some or all of the following duties:
- Pick up and drop off mail to/from US Post Office
- Process and distribute mail
- Make deliveries on behalf of the firm, to include filings at the County Courthouse, Industrial Commission, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court, other law firms, and out of town deliveries
- Document delivery/set up/break down during trials or other off-site meetings or firm events
- Assist with trial prep, as may be assigned
- Receipt, logging and delivery of internal faxes
- Assist with daily document/notebook production, as instructed by attorneys or other support staff
- Photocopying/printing from e-mails, CD’s
- Scanning and burning CD’s
- Duplication of Videotapes, DVD’s, and CD’s
- Maintenance of Kitchens, Conference Rooms, and Library
- Daily maintenance of copiers/printers/fax machines, to include restocking paper, changing toner cartridges, etc.
- Restocking and/or inventory of supplies
- Filing for attorneys and staff
- Assist with closing of files
- Provide assistance on reception desk, as needed
- VTC set up, as needed
- Office furniture moving and set up, as needed
- Empty office recycle bins
- Other duties as may be assigned
**Some duties may be specific to one Cranfill Sumner location and will be covered during new employee orientation.