Attorneys chosen for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017
Five attorneys from Cranfill Sumner & Hartzog LLP (Cranfill Sumner) were recently named the Best Lawyers® 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for their respective practice areas in their local metropolitan area. (Copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
“Lawyer of the Year” is presented annually to one attorney in each practice area in each market.
- Andrew Avram was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Workers’ Compensation Law—Employers “Lawyer of the Year” for Charlotte.
- Richard Boyette, Chair of the Cranfill Sumner Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group, was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Mediation “Lawyer of the Year” for Raleigh.
- Susan Burkhart, Co-Chair of the Insurance Law and Coverage Practice Group at Cranfill Sumner, was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Raleigh.
- Dan M. Hartzog, Of Counsel with Cranfill Sumner, was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Personal Injury Litigation—Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” for Raleigh.
- John D. Martin, Managing Partner of the Cranfill Sumner Wilmington Office, was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Personal Injury Litigation—Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” for Wilmington.
ABOUT THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA©
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 50,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”