Today Cranfill Sumner proudly announced that 14 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 North Carolina Super Lawyers and 2021 North Carolina Rising Stars lists.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selection for Super Lawyers includes a multi-phased rating process consisting of independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The Rising Stars list is compiled using the same criteria as Super Lawyers but candidates must be 40 years old or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less to be considered.
The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state, and the Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state.
The attorneys will be featured in the February 2021 edition of North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine.
The attorneys named to the 2021 North Carolina Super Lawyers list and their practice areas are:
- Stephanie Autry; Eminent Domain
- Richard Boyette; Professional Liability, Defense
- Jason Harris; Transportation/Maritime
- Melody Jolly; Professional Liability, Defense
- Rebecca Knudson; Construction Litigation
- John D. Martin; Personal Injury Medical Malpractice, Defense
- Benton Toups; Employment and Labor
- Marshall Wall; Civil Litigation, Defense
The attorneys named to the 2021 North Carolina Rising Stars list and their practice areas are:
- Stephen Bell; Business Litigation
- Deedee Gasch; Personal Injury, Defense
- Patrick Mincey; Criminal Defense, White Collar
- Jerri Simmons; Workers’ Compensation
- Virginia Wooten; Civil Litigation, Defense
- Mica Nguyen Worthy; Civil Litigation Defense