Twelve attorneys included in Business North Carolina Listing
Twelve Cranfill Sumner LLP attorneys were recognized by Business North Carolina magazine as part of the magazine’s Legal Elite program.
The attorneys listed in the 2023 Legal Elite and their practice areas are:
- Patrick Flanagan, Employment Law (Charlotte)
- Kara Gansmann, Tax and Estate Planning (Wilmington)
- Deedee Gasch, Litigation (Wilmington)
- Melody Jolly, Litigation (Wilmington)
- Dan Katzenbach, Construction Law (Raleigh)
- Rebecca Knudson, Construction Law (Wilmington)
- John Martin, Litigation (Wilmington)
- Patrick Mincey, Criminal Law and Litigation (Wilmington)
- Donna Rascoe, Employment Law (Raleigh)
- Colleen Shea, Litigation (Wilmington)
- Ted Smyth, Litigation (Raleigh)
- Benton Toups, Employment Law and Litigation (Wilmington)
Business North Carolina magazine has honored North Carolina lawyers by publishing Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, a listing of the state’s top lawyers in business related categories, since 2002.
Voting for the 2023 Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite was conducted in 2022. Winners are chosen by their fellow North Carolina lawyers from a statewide ballot. The ballot asks attorneys living in North Carolina one question – “Of the Tar Heel lawyers whose work you have observed firsthand, whom would you rate among the current best in these categories?” The attorney with the most votes in each category becomes a member of Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame and is ineligible to win again.
The complete list of 2023 winners appears in the January 2023 issue of Business North Carolina.